I appreciate our coffee break! I absolutely do! I think our first one was pretty successful and absolutely enjoyable for me.
I want to stop for another coffee break again, and I have several reasons for this:
- First, I would like to THANK everyone for your honest feedback, great suggestions for improvement, for your kind words and support. All your comments are really important and mean a lot to me, and I highly appreciate it. If you missed the post, you can catch up here. I will make little changes in my blog and will write more travel tips. And for sure, there will be more coffee breaks…
- I received a request from my reader. She asked me to write a post about a Spanish town. I was excited and said “of course” right away, but only later I realized that there not so much information about this town and almost everything that I found in Spanish language that I have to translate to English. It’s so hard to find rignt format and write about a place which I have never been to and know nothing about it. I have been working on this post for a couple of months and still didn’t finish it. I fell into a trap. The lesson for me is “Don’t rush Angela and think twice before you do or say something!”
- I would like to introduce YOAIR Blog. This blog has lots of traveling information and educational posts about history, architecture and art. You might find this blog entertaining and informative. Please visit it. Here the post from category Travel Guide: History and Calture of Italy’s Portofino, written by Niamh O’Neill Portofino: a magical pastel-coloured fishing village in Liguria
4. And, of course, 2020 UEFA European Football Championship!
How can I skip this event?!
UEFA Euro 2020 was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and rescheduled forJune, 11 – July, 11, 2021.
So, congrats to all the soccer fans with the opening of Euro 2021. Finally, it is happening!
Many of you eagerly waited for these games and now you can watch them and cheer your favorite team. My husband watches games as well, but I cheat a little and watch only highlights.
I found some facts about Europian Football Championship that might be interesting:
- 16th 2020 UEFA European Football Championship was originally scheduled for June-July 2020, but was postponed due to the pandemic and rescheduled for June, 11 – July, 11 2021
- At the first time in the 60-year of the competition’s history there no single host country. The tournament, being held in 11 host cities: Rome (Italy); St Petersburg (Russia), Copenhagen (Denmark), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Bucharest (Romania), Glasgow (Scotland), Seville (Spain), Munchen (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Budapest (Hungary) and London (England).
- The opening game started at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. Group A: Turkey – Italy (0:3)
- London, England, will host the semi-finals and final for the second time at the Wembley Stadium. The first time they held the final was in 1996.
- UEFA President is great former French football player Michel Platini
- The idea of a European football tournament was first proposed in 1927 by the French Football Federation Henri Delaunay, but the first tournament started in 1960, three years after Delaunay’s death.
- Only four teams played in the first UEFA European Championship: Czechoslovakia, the Soviet Union, France and Yugoslavia.
- The tournament trophy was named in honor of Henri Delaunay and contains a figure of a juggling boy on the back and the words “Championnat d’Europe” and “Coupe Henri Delaunay” on the front.
- After the remodeling trophy in 2008, the new one was made from Sterling silver. It is weight 8 kg, and 60 cm tall. The names of the winning countries are engraved on the back.
- All-time stats: Most titles: Germany – 3, Spain – 3, France – 2. Top goal scorers: Ronaldo, Portugal (14),Platini, France (9), Griezmann, France (7). Most goal scorers countries: France – 90, Germany – 84, Spain – 79. Most red cards: Yugoslavia – 4, Netherlands – 3, Russia – 3. Most matches: Germany – 56, Spain – 53, France – 52, Russia – 48
- Over the years, the EURO Champions have become extremely popular and millions of people watch it.
So, please tell me
Are you watching EURO 2021?
Who is your favorite team or player?
What are your predictions for the knockout and finals?
Wishing all good luck, have a fun to watch the games and I hope you are enjoying to have a coffee break with me!
Visit Suitcase Travel Must -Haves now,
before another lucky traveller swipes your gear!