My young friend was preparing for her vacation. She was very excited and there was so much euphoria that we all got involved and became very enthusiastic: giving advice on what to take on the trip, choosing dresses, hair, nails and so many other women’s things.
Then I was thinking about what I usually take on my trip. What is my travel essence beside my passport, money and clothes, that I must have and not go without?
Here are my 6 must-have travel essentials:
Devices and accessories
Life has become absolutely technological and digital. Nowadays, we can’t even imagine how to live without a cell phone, Google maps, smart watches, etc. So, of course, the phone, camera and DJ Osmo Pocket for my videos must be with me on the trip, but it is also very important for me to have:
- Power bank – I always have to charge the battery on my devices during the day.
- Adapter – every country has different voltage and plugs. So, I have to take the proper adapter and extra chargers on my trip.
- Earbuds – sometimes I use it on the plane, especially during the long flight or to listen tour during my visit to the museums.
Good and Comfortable Shoes
Good and comfy shoes are very important to me. I am a very insatiable tourist. I walk a lot. I walk until I can’t walk anymore, because I want to see as much as possible. Therefore, I need a good pair of shoes, but the same time they must match with all my outfits.
I always take a hair straightener on trips. On humid or rainy days my hair becoming curly, so I really need to straighten my hair. Unlikely, it will not last long, but at least I will look good in the morning and in a next couple of hours than my curly uncontrolled hairstyle will be back.
With the years, I gain experience as a traveler, plus I am getting older, so I began taking more medication with me on the trip.
Allergy, stomach problem, a cold, pain and who else know what might happen on the road. Therefore, I take a big bag with some medication for:
- Stomachache – must –have these pills, because every country has its own cuisine and, of course, I will want to try the food. But what if my stomach will not accept it… Right?
- Painkillers – just need it.
- Migraine – absolutely need it.
- Gravol – can’t fly without it.
- A cold – just in case
- Allergy – might be helpful
Copy of passport and emergency contacts
Before my trip, I always make copies of my documents and make a list of emergency contacts. All copies I put in each suitcase and bag in case if my documents will be stolen or other unpleasant situations.
A copy of:
- Medical card
- Hotel reservation
- Embassy contact – in my home country and at my destination country
- Police, emergency and medical phone numbers – in the destination city.
- Friends and family contact
Travel insurance for me is a must-have. I always buy it. Never use it and hopefully never will. But I think it is good to have it. Just in case.
With insurance, I feel more secure and it is a peace of mind for me.
I recommend all travelers to purchase travel insurance because traveling without it might be a very costly mistake.
I think that is all.